MoneyIsland™ is an online world that makes it fun to earn and fun to learn. Working together, parents and teachers provide their kids with the tools they need to live a financially healthy life.
With MoneyIsland, kids enter a virtual world that not only makes learning fun, but also tracks and encourages their progress. As they go on quests to fantastic destinations, they learn real-life principles of financial responsibility…and earn real-life rewards.
- Geared for kids age eight to 14
- Free, multi-level online game
- Real-life rewards built into game
- Teaches valuable financial skills
- Enhance experience with a physical passport and stickers
- Parents can play along
- Teachers can use in classroom
- Meets national standards for financial literacy
- Developed by award-winning teacher
- How It Works
The principles of financial responsibility and decision-making are built into the quests of MoneyIsland. Most importantly, so is fun.
Lively characters introduce lessons and interact with kids along the way, as they earn, spend, invest, and strive to become financial gurus. The knowledge they gain puts them on a path to a healthy retirement, before they've even earned their first paycheck!
A MoneyIsland Passport is a cool way to connect the online experience to a real-world item. Kids use the passport to "stamp" their progress through the MoneyIsland world with colorful stickers. The passport reinforces the images, characters, and lessons learned in the game, while enabling grown-ups to interact with the kids as they learn.
Though geared toward tweens ages 8 to 14, the lessons instilled in MoneyIsland will serve players throughout their adult life. Aligned with national standards published by the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy, the MoneyIsland curriculum is designed to build skills in three basic areas:
- Managing Money
- Saving & Investing
- Using Credit Wisely
The lessons are presented in quests to exotic places, including:
- Eiffel Tower — Spend, Grow, and Give
- Great Wall of China — Want & Needs and Taxes
- Sphinx — Types of Income
- Atlantis — Using Credit Wisely
- Big Ben — Understanding Interest
- Acropolis — Building Wealth